Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 1 INSANITY Review

Last week I started my first full 60 day round of INSANITY. I decided to do this because I was looking to get more lean and cut, and also I wanted to improve on my cardio because  I felt I was lacking in that area and I want to prepare for INSANITY ASYLUM.This is my week one review of INSANITY and how I did.

Beginning INSANITY I did not know what to expect except that it was going to be tough. Let me tell you I was right it is very tough! My first day I had trouble getting through the warm up. I had to take a few breaks to catch my breath and then get back into it. After the warm up I did not have much trouble with the first two levels of the interval training. When it came to the third and last level the give it all you got and leave nothing behind I was digging deep then. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath and find the energy somewhere to get through the 3 minutes. It was the longest 3 minutes of my life!

As each day went on I was shocked at how quickly I was getting better at each workout. Every day I seemed to be able to go longer through the workouts and not have to take as many breaks. I could tell my cardiovascular system was improving at a crazy rate. Along with that I can see that my form for each move is getting better and my speed is improving.

One of the most notable things that I can tell after my first week is first my leg strength and overall body toning. After my first week I found that I have gained a great deal of strength in my legs and my legs are starting to get more muscular and a lot harder. I am also starting to see a lot more definition in my muscles. my abs and chest are two body parts that I am seeing the biggest change in. I was nervous about losing muscle mass with all the cardio involved in INSANITY. Because of this I ajusted my diet and took in a few more calories along with adding some weight training and it is working well because I have not lost any muscle mass I have overall gained 1lb in a week!

This again is just my week one INSANITY review. I can not believe in just one week what I am seeing and how much it has improved my overall. I will begin to add some weight training into the schedule so i can continue to lift weights and build muscle. I can not wait to see what the rest of the 60 days is going to bring and what my results will be like. If the rest of the program is going to be anything like this first week. I know I will get amazing results!    






No comments:

Post a Comment