Friday, February 11, 2011

Kettlebell Training- The missing link to your fitness

      To most people kettlebell training is a thing of the past. Not many people out there use this training method to build strength and muscle anymore. Recently though kettlebell training has been making a big comeback in the fitness world and I am here to tell you why.

      I was introduced to kettlebell training by my good friend and Coach Mike French.  Never using kettlebells before I was curious to see what it would do for my fitness training. Once I began intergrading kettlebells into my normal workout schedule I began to see immediate results. I could not believe what a simple steel ball could do for the body. My main exercise is the 2 handed Kettlebell swing with a 55lb kettlebell. This move is an amazing full body workout working not only your major muscle groups but also many connective tissues and accessory muscles. It will work every muscle from your quads all the way up to your shoulders. I have found that this move is very effective in strengthening your lower back. Not only will this help you build muscle, it will also help you build overall strength in your entire body. Along with muscle strength kettlebells will also help you improve your cardiovascular endurance. Due to movements in kettlebell training your cardiovascular is put into overdrive causing you to improve your overall cardio endurance.
     2 handed kettlebell swings is just one of the many great workouts you can get using a kettlebell. There are many other moves that target other areas of the body as well.

      If you are thinking of adding kettlebell training into your normal workout routine I highly recommend finding a certified kettlebell instructor or a instructional book/DVD to show you proper form for all these moves. Though these workouts are highly effective in building muscle and strength, they can also be very dangerous if performed wrong causing injury. so make sure if you do decide to begin  using this training method think this SAFTEY FIRST!!


    I have personally have achieved great results form the short time I have been using kettlebell training. I highly recommend adding kettlebells into your training regimen if you are looking to build muscle and overall body strength and cardiovascular endurance. There is nothing out there like a kettlebell workout!





        Mike 

1 comment:

  1. I am totally a believer! Mike French is the messiah of Kettlebells, LOL. He got me hooked on them as well. Nothing gives more workout bang for the buck!

    ReplyDelete